Lisa,

Got bit by this first time out of the box with W2K.  I don't have access to
PCAnywhere, so I had to do the install from the console.  I have however
created a ton of .bat files that perform various functions that I can
execute from Terminal Services.  I found it necessary to use sqlplus with
the 'connect as' string, but it gets me in just fine.  If I don't have the
script do something completely (backup, startup, shutdown, analyze, etc), I
have a generic one that pops up a DOS Prompt screen and puts me at the SQL>
prompt with sysdba privileges.  Here's how I've done it (Perl is still on
my list Jared):

First file is login.bat

set ORACLE_SID=<SID>               <---- These are just for good measure,
Registry and Environment SHOULD suffice, but it's Windoze
set ORACLE_HOME=F:\oracle\ora81
sqlplus /nolog @F:\oracle\admin\system_scripts\sysconnect.sql
exit

Next file is sysconnect.sql

connect sys/<password>@<SID> as sysdba

That's it.  Go in through terminal services, run login.bat, and you're home
free.  Everything else follows.

Hope this helps.

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA, OCP
AISD
512-414-1002

                    Michael

                    Netrusov             To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <michael@atelo       cc:

                    .com>                Subject:

                    Sent by:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    om

                    11/27/2001

                    10:25 AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Yes, I've seen it. Oracle Installation, sqlplus, svrmgrl through Terminal
Server Client do not work. I used PC Anywhere, everything went fine.

HTH,
Michael