Title: RE: Analyze only latest partition

Hi....

Why not you can try with partition related dictionary views:

Here is my query:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> select table_name, partition_name, high_value,
partition_position  from dba_tab_partitions a where partition_position =
(select max(partition_position)
  2  from user_tab_partitions b where a.table_name=b.table_name)
  3  ;

TABLE_NAME                     PARTITION_NAME
HIGH_VALUE
PARTITION_POSITION
---- ------------------
EMP_PART                       P4
maxvalue
4

EMP_PART1                      P4
maxvalue
2

EMP_PART2                      P2
9000
3

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ALTER TABLE EMP_PART2 ADD PARTITION P4 VALUES
LESS THAN(10000);
Table altered.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> select table_name, partition_name, high_value,
partition_position  from dba_tab_partitions a where partition_position =
(select max(partition_position)
  2  from user_tab_partitions b where a.table_name=b.table_name)
  3  ;

TABLE_NAME                     PARTITION_NAME
HIGH_VALUE
PARTITION_POSITION
---- ------------------
EMP_PART                       P4