        From:   Miller, Jay [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Friday, November 30, 2001 1:52 PM
        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
        Subject:        Some 9i Questions - Help!

        An edict just came down from our CIO that we should upgrade all our
        databases to 9i by the end of the year (he's decided it's important
that we
        always be on the latest release of all software).

        Aside from the fact that other than a small play database we haven't
done
        any testing yet, aside from the fact that to do this I'd have to
cancel all
        my holiday plans with friends and family to work every weekend in
December
        (probably plus Christmas and New Years) to meet this arbitrary
deadline, I'm
        still nervous about upgrading to such a relatively new release (I
wasn't
        intending to consider it until late next year).

        So, one question and one request.

        1.  When was 9i first released for Solaris (I haven't been able to
find this
        information after poking around the Oracle website)?

        2.  Could anyone please post any 9i horror stories you've had?  I
know about
        the Managed Rollback Segment problem, but since that feature is
optional it
        doesn't give me a lot of ammunition.

        If this was a better job market I'd be contacting my headhunter
right now.

        Jay Miller
        Author: Miller, Jay

        San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists
Author: Boivin, Patrice J