   f := utl_file.fopen(
         substr(i.name,1,instr(i.name,'/',-1)),
         substr(i.name,instr(i.name,'/',-1)+1),
         'W');
  utl_file.fclose(f);
end loop;
end;
/

which (pending fixing any compile errors) will do its
best to reduce all datafiles in the database to 0
bytes finishing with SYSTEM.

Cheers
Connor

 --- "Thomas, Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > >if I set UTL_FILE_DIR = *
> >would there be any security issue ?
>
> In a word yes...this allows read/write access to
> *all* directories and there
> is bound to be particular ones you don't want people
> to see.

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=