Hi List,

I am in a problem, not being able to connect from designer/developer to the oracle db.

Environment

Platform        Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a - standalone server
DB              Oracle 8.1.6 EE
Designer        6i
Developer       6i

As suggested in the release notes of Designer, I have first installed the Designer in the default_home and then installed the database in a different home. Developer was installed subsequently in the same home where designer was installed.

My database works fine from SQL*Plus. But when, I tried to connect either from designer or developer, I am getting TNS could not resolve service name.

I had created an alias using net easy config. I am getting the same above error when i tried to connect while using the alias as the service name.

Could anyone shed some light to resolve this to connect from Designer/Developer,

Thanks in Advance,

Muths

ps: I am posting this here as some one who could help me, who have not subscribed to the DEV2K list.