Thanks Ed, I just got this from MetaLink, looks like you were spot on. A
quick check showed me that the offending RBS was more than 2Gb.

Cheers

Lee

Doc ID:  Note:100292.1
Type:  BULLETIN
 Content Type:  TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date:  28-FEB-2000
Last Revision Date:  24-APR-2001

Problem Description
-------------------

Selecting records from V$ROLLSTAT, you may see that some columns have
negative values like HWMSIZE column for example.

Due to [BUG:668924], these columns cannot record values larger than 2GB
(2 147 483 647). If the value is greater than that, value turns negative.

This error doesn't prevent Rollback Segment to grow larger than this value.
It's just a recording problem in V$ROLLSTAT.

Solution Description
--------------------

This bug is fixed in 8.0.6 and 8.1.6. You can upgrade to one of these two
RDBMS versions to fix the problem. At this point the maximum value will be
4 GB (4 294 967 295).

Workarounds:
============

1. Check Storage Clause

Check that no storage option implies in any column a value greater than 2 GB

(like RSSIZE and so HWMSIZE for example).

If so, either alter the storage clause or drop and recreate the rollback
segment with a smaller initial size (initial_extent * min_extents).

If you don't want negative values to appear in rssize, writes, hwmsize, at
any moment, set max_extents to the right value.

Warning : Doing so, you will prevent success of transactions generating more
          than 2GB of undo. So you should probably modify such transactions.

2. Negative values will disappear at next instance start if not initial
storage
   values.

As v$rollstat is a dynamic performance table which is reset at each instance
start, at next instance start negative values will disappear if these
negative
values are not due to initial size of Rollback Segment.