I discovered the trace file after restarting Oracle - so that
process ID is no longer out there. I've also discovered that there
is a specific patch for this problem, which appears not to have been
applied. I will move forward with this, but would like to provide
management with an explanation as to why we had problems now, after
so many days of uptime.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/10/01 03:35PM >>>
I don't suppose you've run ps -ef | grep 29937 yet, just
out of curiousity, have you?