The creation of the new tablespace (using a tempfile)
will be virtually instantaneous - so what will matter
is the time to drop the original one.  You could
probably get away with drop-then-create, but your
latter option is probably the safest.

hth
connor

 --- David Wagoner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > What is the best way to convert a
dictionary-managed
> TEMP tablespace to
> locally managed?
>
> Here's my situation, I created an 8.1.7 database
> with all dictionary-managed
> tablespaces.  Then, I converted all tablespaces to
> locally managed, except
> SYSTEM and TEMP.  The conversion packaged refused to
> convert TEMP to LMT so
> it seems that I must drop the TEMP tablespace and
> re-create it as LMT.  My
> question is, do I need to create an intermediate,
> like TEMP2, and point
> everything to it while I'm dropping and re-creating
> TEMP?
>
> Thanks for your advice,
>

> david
>
> David B. Wagoner
> Database Administrator
> Arsenal Digital Solutions Worldwide Inc.
> 4815 Emperor Blvd., Suite 110
> Durham, NC 27703
> Tel. (919) 941-4645
> Fax (919) 474-0735
> Email  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web  <http://www.arsenaldigital.com/>
> http://www.arsenaldigital.com/
>

> ***  NOTICE  ***
> This e-mail message is confidential, intended only
> for the named
> recipient(s) above and may contain information that
> is privileged, work
> product or exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law.  If you have
> received this message in error, or are not the named
> recipient(s), please
> immediately notify the sender at (919) 941-4645 and
> delete this e-mail
> message from your computer.  Thank you.

=====
Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=