Not only is it not in the flaming manuals, I don't think you
can even do that on Windoze.

Sure, you can set the TNS_ADMIN var in
ControlPanel->System->EnvVars, but that is rather broad
in scope and does not offer the granularity available on unix.

Jared

                    Rachel

                    Carmichael           To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <wisernet100@Y       cc:

                    AHOO.COM>            Subject:     RE: stupid oracle on windoze
question
                    Sent by:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    om

                    01/02/02 07:50

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

well the thing is, he wasn't looking for TNS_ADMIN since that just
re-sets the directory Oracle looks at but wanted something that worked
more like how login.sql works -- where if you have the file in your
local working directory, it is used and overrides any other file.

In Unix, if you have a .tnsnames.ora file (please note the initial ".")
in your own personal $HOME directory)  it will override the values in
the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora or the
$TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file

THAT is what Joe wanted for Windows.  It ain't in the flaming manuals.

http://greetings.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael