Raj,

Various methods. One I've used is that priv's are assigned to password
protected roles and the role(s) to the users. The role is *not* enabled and
all the users can do is create a session. Upon startup of the form, you can
enable the role. Look for the topic "Setting and checking database roles at
runtime" in the help system. It contains an example.

How fancy you want to get with it is up to you. You can password protect the
role. Then do you hard code the password or look it up in a table or have it
returned by a function? All kinds of variations on how tight you want to
make it. If you obscure things enough, even a savvy user shouldn't be able
to figure things out.

Specific to SQL*Plus only, you can also use Product User Profiles, but this
does nothing for TOAD, TORA, etc.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]