-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:46 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

It depends on the number. If it's a real high number on the tables that are
actively involved in OLTP (or just queried a lot, for that matter), chained
(or migrated) rows will definitely slow down the processing. In this case
you can either use EXP/IMP on the tables or create a copy of the table
(CTAS), truncate the table and INSERT INTO ...(...) SELECT (*)...;
Regards,
Sergey Babich,
Oracle DBA