-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 4:50 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Miller ,
Be very carefull....
There is a note on Metastink
Note:159801.1 Full JVM removal on 8.1.7.
which you should read before doing anything with jvm.
Moreover I had very experience with 8.1.7 JVM. Once it
fails during installation I was not able to remove it
completely and as usual oracle support told me to drop
the entire database and recreate it ( yeah..!! ). It
was a dev database so I was lucky.
There is another note on orageek about JVM
installations
http://www.interealm.com/technotes/admin_java_opt.html
which you might find usefull.

HTH.
Cheers,
RS

--- "Miller, Jay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Due to time constraints during my recent 8.0.4 ->
> 8.1.7 upgrade (we had a
> disk failure while I was doing my cold backup which
> delayed my start time
> from midnight to 3:30am) I was unable to finish
> installing the JVM (not a
> priority since no one is using it yet).
> What I need to do now is run rmjvm.sql, restart the
> instance with
> _system_trig_enabled=false, reinstall everything,
> and restart the database
> with _system_trig_enabled=true.
>
> Nothing in the documentation says that users
> shouldn't connect while
> _system_trig_enabled=false.
>
> I opened a TAR with Oracle and the person told me
> that I'd "probably" be
> fine so long as I wasn't running auditing or certain
> security programs.
>
> I'm uncomfortable with that "probably".
>
> Can anyone here confirm or deny problems with
> allowing user access and DML
> while _system_trig_enabled is set to false?  What
> exactly is this parameter
> doing?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Jay Miller
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Miller, Jay
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/