From: CC Harvest [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 10:48 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: How to set DBWR_WRITE_PROCESSES in Oracle8i?

Thanks Kirti and Paul for the reply.
The instance is up for only 3 days. We know there are
very heavy inserts in the database.

Yes, There are high waits for 'buffer busy waits'
event in V$SYSTEM_EVENT view. But I didn't see 'buffer
busy waits' in V$SESSION_EVENT. I may try to increase
the freelist to 12(I don't know whether it helps,
anyway we have 12 Java threads insert data into the
same table concurrently).

Thanks,

Chris

--- "Deshpande, Kirti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
Author: CC Harvest
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists