Tim
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

My own 2 cents...  Stating a viewpoint such as this and then saying "do not
the list innumerable times over the years and it is always a hot bed of
discussion...  And, it always seems to reach the same conclusion...  In
summary, keep it on topic but the occasional OT post is tolerated...
Anything more then that should not be done or moved to the OT list...  So,
here we are yet again...  And, here is MY opinion...  I view this list as a
community...  Not just a technical list...  Many people on this list have
been on for years and enjoy to occasionally have some fun...  I personally
enjoy the occasional joke or OT thread...  It gives the list personality and
allows me feel like I am getting to know the other people on the list...
That is why I am on this list and not some of the other discussion forums...
Some other forums operate as you desire...  I avoid those...  The reason is
that I want to enjoy my job...  And the occasional laugh I get from this
list has more then once made a miserable day better...  If I wanted to
purely technical list I would go to another forum...  But I don't....  I
like this list AS IS...  And, if I feel that I am getting to much email, the
delete key works great...

Tim