I suggest you go buy yourself a good PL/SQL manual.  Nothing that
you are asking for here is all that complicated.  I recommend the
O'Reilly book "The Oracle PL/SQL CD Bookshelf".

Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 9:15 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hallo,

anyone who canhelp me with this?

I have PL/sql procedure and if something goes wrong I would like the
following things to occur. Please help me with them

If some errors occur I want this to happen.

- pick out the name of the procedure thatis currently running,
-pick out the start_time of the procedure
- pick outthe end_time of the procedure when it fails
- pick out the number of rows that were inserted inthe insertstatement inthe
procedure.
- The error code
_Th errormessage

All these things I want to be inserted in a table. Give me a good example on
how to write the code, please.

Thanks in advance

Roland

Author: Kimberly Smith