Do some research man!! This stuff isn't hard to find...sheesh!!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 28 January 2002 14:31
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hallo,

I have this unix script. I would like to include code which checks if the
oracle database is up and running so the procedure konto.fillbotables.anrop
doesnt start at all.. I also want an errorlog file to be created. Please
tell me how to write the
code and where to include it in this shell script.

#!/bin/sh
. /usr/bin/orasetup.sh
. /d31/appl/konto/bat/movefiles.sh
sqlldr userid=konto/icakort control=/d31/appl/konto/bat/ehbgrupp.ctl
log=/d31/appl/konto/log/ehbgrupp.log
sqlplus -s konto/icakort << !
set heading off
set verify off