----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 10:10 AM

Man, do you not have manuals?  Have you even attempted to look it up.  This
is not a teaching class.
Go try something and if you are having issues come back and ask about that
issue.  But we are not
here to write your code for you.  There are folks you can hire for that.

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 4:05 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Oki thanks for info can you please show me an example with autonoumus
transactions? Please.

Thanks in advance

Roland

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@fatcity.com den 2002-01-28 03:30 PST

Sänd svar till [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sänt av:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Till: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopia:

Just a note

Inserting in an error table in the excpetion clause is a common problem
because
if something goes wrong and exception was thrown then You usually don't
want commit
But You cannot insert ereror record without commit
So in ancient times there was dbms_pipe etc. Since 8.<something> You can
use autonomous transactions instead, I think it is more elegant solution

Gints Plivna
IT Sistēmas, Merķeļa 13, LV1050 Rīga
http://www.itsystems.lv/gints/

                    "Thomas, Kevin"
                    <Kevin.Thomas@cal       To:     Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    anais.com>              cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     RE: Pl/sql question
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    2002.01.28 11:20
                    Please respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Hi Roland,

Best way to do this is just set some variables at the start of your code:

l_proc_start := sysdate;
l_proc_name  := 'proc_name';

begin

  ...commands...