-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 10:50 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi, everybody,
However, I made the following entry into initXXXX.ora file:
Event=" 10046 trace name errorstack level 12" and it rebooted over the
weekend. Then I got a call from my boss on Monday morning (I was home sick)
letting me know the system had come to a crawl and was producing a trace
file every minute or so. Eventually, after some speculations, I told him to
rem out that entry and reboot. That resolved the issue, but left me puzzled.
If anyone got any insight, it is appreciated, as always.
Best,
Sergey
P.S.
Trace files have the same header (different SIDs) and sizes between .5M and
3M
Dump file c:\oracle\ora81\UDUMP\ORA00144.TRC
Mon Jan 28 07:35:16 2002
ORACLE V8.1.7.0.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=e vsnxtr=3
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 1, CPU type 586
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 1, CPU type 586
Instance name: prod

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1

Oracle process number: 10

Windows thread id: 144, image: ORACLE.EXE

*** SESSION ID:(13.115) 2002-01-28 07:35:16.703
*** 2002-01-28 07:35:16.703
ksedmp: internal or fatal error

This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above
and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank you.