>I see a problem keeping the dump directories on the shared drives. For
some reason
> the drive is not available on either of thenodes, some thing happened,
then you
> can not  even know what happened to Oracle, I mean your alertlog will
also be on
> the shared drive and so it is not avalable.

How is this different from completely losing a drive in a non-clustered
system?

It's a similar situation.

If you can't mount the shared drive from any/either of the nodes, you have
bigger problem than being unable to determine what the problem with Oracle
is.

In such a situation the problem might just be that neither node works.

Jared

"Deen Dayal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
01/31/02 12:25 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

I see a problem keeping the dump directories on the shared drives. For
some reason the drive is not available on either of the
nodes, some thing happened, then you can not  even know what happened to
Oracle, I mean your alertlog will also be on the shared
drive and so it is not avalable.

I am just wondering, has any body faced a situation like this?

Does oracle has any recommendation of location of Bdump/cdump/udump?? I
could not find it any where.

thanks
Deen