> Jon Baker wrote:
>
> It ain't just you.  it distracts me from being able to read more
> quickly because my brain must translate this c-r-a-p.
>
> It's not cute, it is just down right annoying.  I always figured it
> was just me and just tried to ignore.  Glad to hear I am not the only
> one.
>
> Jon Baker

Cultural facts I am afraid. I dislike it as much as French without
accent but most Indians for instance (but not only them) will use this
'speed writing'. I remember a Singaporean Chinese who was typing at an
incredible speed but whom I have never seen writing anything but 'u' for
'you'. But who do you think set a bad example? 'While U wait'? 'Toys R
Us'? As a British friend of mine says 'The day when I see Fish'n Chips
that's when I begin planting bombs'.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult