unless I am misreading the 9i docs (see below) this has nothing to do
with transportable tablespaces

If you use DESTROY=Y and a full database import, Oracle will overwrite
the datafiles as defined in the create tablespace statement that is in
the dump file. It's the equivalent of issuing:

create tablespace <tbsname> datafile '<prod file name>' reuse;

>From the 9i Utilities manual:

"Specifies whether or not the existing datafiles making up the database
should be reused. That is, specifying DESTROY=y causes Import to
include the REUSE option in the datafile clause of the CREATE
TABLESPACE statement, which causes Import to reuse the original
database's datafiles after deleting their contents.

Note that the export file contains the datafile names used in each
tablespace. If you specify DESTROY=y and attempt to create a second
database on the same system (for testing or other purposes), the Import
utility will overwrite the first database's datafiles when it creates
the tablespace. In this situation you should use the default,
DESTROY=n, so that an error occurs if the datafiles already exist when
the tablespace is created. Also, when you need to import into the
original database, you will need to specify IGNORE=y to add to the
existing datafiles without replacing them. "

http://greetings.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael