Hello all.  I'm new to this mailing list and hoping I can count on you for some feedback to help me make an important decision.

I'm doing as much research as possible in preparation for a possible career change as an Oracle DBA/P. I would appreciate some feedback on  what your personal experience has been:
i.e.,
Are you happy with your career in DBA?
Has the training been worth it?
What skills/abilities/personality traits do you feel are important?
What is a typical "day in the life" of a DBA?
Is your workday isolated, or do you have opportunities to interact with others?
Are positions predominately in small or large companies?
Do you feel you have solid job security?
What is your opinion of the current and future job market?
etc.!

Any and all information would be heartily appreciated. Positive and negative comments are both welcomed!