Jay,

I would feel that PL/SQL tuning is the same as SQL tuning. Just pull out one
of your complicated Explain Plan or TKProf outputs and ask the Interviewee
(is there such a word?) to explain the meaning. Also quiz him/her about the
various joins and the approach he/she would take when a DBA/User complains
of a slow query - If 'trace file', 'tkprof' and 'explain plan' don't appear
in the answer, then you may as well stop the interview :)

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve
Mercy - NOT getting something we deserve

Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely
available!

** The opinions and statements above are entirely my own and not those of my
employer or clients **

Author: John Kanagaraj