Hi All,

In 8.0.5 when I used the oradim utility to create a service I would always
review the oradim.log file to see if all is well.
I just created my first oracle 8i service using oradim. When I reviewed the
oradim.log file I got an error message saying it cannot
open the control files. Well of course not.  Why in 8i does oradim.log
contain this error?  I can create the database fine with no
problems.  The docs always say to review oradim.log for errors before
continuing. So why are they now putting in errors that are not really
errors.

Thanks
Rick