Ahh well!

I have another question following this:

I am also getting the following error on startup:

Fri Feb 22 09:33:04 2002
Errors in file C:\oracle\admin\ORCL\udump\ORA03028.TRC:
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4032 bytes of shared memory ("shared
pool","unknown object","joxs heap init","ioc_allocate_pal")

Fri Feb 22 09:33:10 2002
Errors in file C:\oracle\admin\ORCL\udump\ORA03028.TRC:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4032 bytes of shared memory ("shared
pool","unknown object","joxs heap init","ioc_allocate_pal")
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JAVA", line 216
ORA-06512: at line 2

Completed: alter database open

This is because I set the java_pool to 0 in my init file (we don't use
anything java related against our databases). Does anybody know how to
disable or de-install java from the database? I've taken a look at the
jvmrm.sql in RDBMS/Admin:

-- Remove some portion of the Java related data dictionary objects

-- This script must be run as a subscript of a script which sets the
-- variable jvmrmaction.
-- Possible values are
--  FULL_REMOVAL:        remove all java related objects

But can't find anything of a script that will call this? Anyone have any
ideas?

Cheers

Mark (Why do I bother?) Leith