Since you cannot predict who might need to generate consistent reads
from the RBS in the FUTURE, you cannot predict if you will cause
ORA-01555 or not by shrinking.

Your best bet is to get rid of people bloating up RBSs by limiting
their growth, and enforcing the use of smaller transactions.  That way
you won't have to shrink so much.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton