That's fine Rachel,

> I agree with you . But the problem is that when I do the import , import
> goes fine till the first split file and it hangs only at a particular
> position. I am doubting that when It switch from one split file to the
> second split file it gives error. meaning which some junk character are
> written at the end of split file.

Thanks,
Deepender

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
914 697 2169(work)
914 671 3113(cell)

                                                       To:   Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                       cc:

                                                       Subject:      Re: Import from a
dump which was split and compressed while
                                                             export.

           Rachel Carmichael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                     02/27/02     06:18 PM

                  Please respond to ORACLE-L

logfile is so you can SEE the results of the import

if file1 file2 file3 are the names of the files you created with the
split and export then you use those.

for example, suppose the files you created were named firstexportfile
and secondexportfile and you want to record the output of the import in
a file named importlogfile

you would cd to the directory where firstexportfile and
secondexportfile are.

create a shell script (called splitimport.sh) with the following lines
in it and then run the shell script. I would suggest you read up on
Unix commands as well. For what it's worth, the way to do this is
documented in a note on MetaLink. I don't have the exact reference but
you can search for it

#!/bin/sh
mkfifo wrkpipe
umask 000
#
# start the reader from the import pipe
#
imp "/" file=wrkpipe full=y commit=y buffer=4096000 LOG=importlogfile &
#
# create the import stream coming from the pipes
#
cat firstexportfile secondexportfile  | uncompress | dd of=wrkpipe
#
# clean up the import pipe
#
rm wrkpipe