        From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Monday, March 04, 2002 2:14 PM
        To:     CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)
        Subject:        RE: Error in relinking executables after Upgrade
Unix OS from 2.6         TO

        Check the Oracle8/8i Installation Guide for Solaris.

        Looking up the Oracle8i 8.1.7 Installation Guide for Solaris (which
        initially
        mentioned only Solaris 2.6 and 7) :  The package names
        would be similar in Solaris 8.

        Operating System Patch
        Use the latest kernel patch from Sun Microsystems. Sun
        provides patch information at:
        http://sunsolve.sun.com
        Solaris 2.6 requires at least kernel jumbo patch revision
        #105181-15 for successful installation of Release 3 (8.1.7).

        See Table 1:???????????????????????????
        Table 1:????????????????????????

        ?age 1-14 for patches required on Solaris for the JRE

        Operating System Packages
        SUNWarc, SUNWbtool, SUNWhea, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms,
        SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo

        Window Manager
        X-windows must be installed on the system from where the
        Installer is run. Use any Sun-supported X-windows server, for
        example, dtwm, twm, olwm, that supports Motif.
        Character mode installs are not supported for Release 3 (8.1.7).

        Required Executables
        The following executables must be present in the
        /usr/ccs/bin directory: make, ar, ld, nm.

        Hemant K Chitale
        Principal DBA
        Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

Author: CHAN Chor Ling Catherine (CSC)