We have several 2-way VCS clusters with 16 and 10 CPU's per server.  We found that the failover time was proportionate with the number of file systems that need to be mounted by the take-over node.  We consolidated the file systems containing the datafiles down to 1 and each database takes 2-3 minutes 'till service is fully restored.

HTH
Tony Aponte
-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Wagner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 4:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Sun Cluster and VCS failover

Situation:  Sun Cluster, or VERITAS Cluster. Oracle 8, 8i, or 9i
2 node Sun E6500s w/ 8 CPUs

If the primary node fails, how long does it take before a user is able to connect to the secondary node, and continue their activity?   I'm sure reality, and marketing times are different... I'm really interested in reality times, but at this point either would be nice.

Thanks!!

Nick