-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 13 March 2002 2:23 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

John,

alter session set events 'immediate  trace name ADJUST_SCN level 1' bumps
the current SCN By one billion. I have used this event once while recovering
a Tera Byte database where LGWR crashed and all the data files were
inconsistent.

And also there is an undocumented paramter something like _Max_Giga_SCN
which starts (!!) the SCN at higher values.
Have anyone used that?

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA