Steve,

That query took about 52 seconds to run.

Thanks
Rick

                    "Stephane

                    Faroult"               To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <sfaroult@oriol        cc:

                    ecorp.com>             Subject:     RE: More info on sql query
running slow
                    Sent by:

                    03/20/2002

                    10:53 AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Rick,

  Curious to know how this would perform :

SELECT   COUNT(a.phy_contract_id)
FROM         accrued_and_paid a,
          (select phy_contract_id
           from phy_contracts
           where company_id = 16
           and   contract_type = 'IC') b
WHERE             a.hold_payment_flag = 'Y'
AND          b.phy_contract_id   = a.phy_contract_id;

Author: Stephane Faroul