Can anyone recommend and low cost tool(s) for load testing a database
server?  I looked at Quest's Benchmark Factory, but it doesn't provide
the flexibility I need in this situation I'm facing The $15K I was
quoted for the Quest tool is a bit pricey, so I don't believe more
expensive tools (e.g., Load Runner) are viable candidates.

Here's what I have to work with:

I will have a log file from our mid tier server that will contain all
the SQL generated by the application.  However, since the system is not
in production, I will be limited to using a single user or small group
to simulate use of the application.  Therefore, I will have to find a
way to scale the limited capture to production-like levels and
substitute values for transactions and queries.

Can anyone recommend a tool(s) that would allow me to 1) automate
substitution of values in WHERE clauses and INSERT/UPDATE statements and
2) perform load testing using ascii files as the input?

TIA for your help,

Ed

Author: Ed