in your current directory put a login.sql file as
 <<login.sql>>

        -----Message d'origine-----
        De:     Rodd Holman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Date:   mardi 26 mars 2002 15:09
        À:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
        Objet:  Re: Customize my SQLPlus login

        $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql

        On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 07:38, Farnsworth, Dave wrote:
            What is the file that I need to edit on my client PC to set
personalized settings for SQLPlus so that I do not have to set these at the
command prompt every time I start a new session?

            Thanks,

            Dave
            Author: Farnsworth, Dave
              INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
            San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists

may
            also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

        Author: Rodd Holman