Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:53:29 -0800

Hi All,

I previously posted this question to the Lazydba List and got a couple
of replies, but thought I would also send it to this list as well to see
if I can just get a couple more (so excuses to those people that have
already seen it)

I am currently discussing with a customer their requirements for
archiving data as their system is 4 years old and billing data is piling
up which obviously is affecting performance. I am pushing for an Oracle
upgrade, they are currently on 7.3.4 and I am trying to get them to go
to 9i. The main reason for this is so they can use partitioning.

My question to the List is to try and find out other people's
experiences in archiving complex and integral data and whether most have
gone the partitioning path or some other path (ie. Something like
separate tables and data migration).

So I would appreciate anyones comments, the path they chose, database
size etc.

With Thanks
Ian Biddell
Author: Biddell, Ian