I have both running on a laptop here the only thing that will happen is
that Developer uses its own net8 client and as such sets the Oracle HOME
to teh home you install Dev 6i in. You most likely will want to install a
copy of your tnsnames in your Develop home.  If you have the Home selector
installed you will need to set the default home for the system back to the
8i home, other than that it seems to work OK

Cheers

Peter McLarty               E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Consultant        WWW: http://www.mincom.com
APAC Technical Services     Phone: +61 (0)7 3303 3461
Brisbane,  Australia        Mobile: +61 (0)402 094 238
                            Facsimile: +61 (0)7 3303 3048
A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

    - Walter Bagehot (1826-1877 British Economist)
Mincom "The People, The Experience, The Vision"

JoJo Zawawi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
10/04/2002 10:58 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L