Title: cache buffer chains contention

Ok,  some guru please explain this to me.

process is waiting for 'latch free' according to
v$session_wait and the value of P2 = 26
which is the cache buffer chains latch.
(while holding the HW enqueue, with a bunch of
processes waiting on HW)

State = 'WAITED KNOWN TIME', so I look at
WAIT_TIME, which is 2.

However, the process does not appear to be doing
ANYTHING and the seconds in the SECONDS_IN_WAIT
column is increasing!  This continues for about
30 seconds, when finally it finishes whatever
it was doing and allows the next process to
grab the HW enqueue

Why would SECONDS_IN_WAIT be increasing when it supposed to be
done waiting already?

----
Matt Adams - GE Appliances - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reason is 6/7ths of treason. - The Xtals