Title: Trigger or ????

Why not set a dbms_job up to recreate the sequence or even  a cronjob which is quite easy to set to run at 00:01

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Burton, Laura L.
Sent: 14 May 2002 15:58
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Trigger or ????

I have a need to reset a sequence number at 00:01 everyday.  I thought about creating a trigger to check the time, but thought that there might be a better way than checking the time every time a record is being added.  I also thought about checking the max date on the table and comparing against the system date.  When system date > max then reset the sequence number.  I like this logic better and thought of holes with using the time.

The only problem I have is that this seems like a lot of overhead every time I add a record, which will be often.  Is a trigger the only method available to me?

Thanks,

Laura