Hi List ,
Since last few days i m finding that number of open cursors are growing in our database . After examining v$open_cursor view I see that there are lot of  sql statements like 'select some_seq.nextval from dual ' .  My question is when does oracle closes these kind of open cursors or will it keep them open . So that it can find them if it executes same sql stmt next time .
Similerly there are lots of delete from ... and update some_table ... kind of cursors . When does these gets  released . Does it mean that some connections are not doing commit or rollback at then end leaving these cursors .

Thanks for help .
Bp