    -----Original Message-----
    From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    I am designing a database our software/hardware inventory and there is a
    many-to-many relationship between  'server' and 'software' table. So I
    created an association table between them to resolve this. While I believe
    this is the right thing to do, I am wondering how we are going to populate
    this association table.
    It seems to me that we have to create a separate screen for this table to
    have the users manually enter the data. Right now this table has only three
    columns - ( server_software_id, server_id, software_id ).
    Bonus question - if we are going to use Access to manually enter data, is
    there any way we can avoid entering the raw numbers ( the association table
    columns are all numeric ). I remember with Oracle Forms you can set up some
    kind of drop down list where you pick the text value and the ids get
    populated behind the scene. I am not a fan of Access, can we do something
    similar?

    TIA

    Dennis Meng
    Database Administrator