From: Burton, Laura L. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 1:27 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: UPDATE Results

Is there a way to access 'something' that would denote if any rows were updated?

Feedback lets you set up how many rows will be effected before a count is returned, but WHERE is this number coming from?

I have found a 'Returning' clause of the update statement, but I don't really want a value returned, just how many rows were affected.

We have a situation where we want to know if an update statement actually updated any rows or in fact did not find a row that met the condition.  SqlPlus will return '0 rows updated.'  Does anyone know where 0 is coming from?

Thanks you for your help.

Laura