-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 1:44 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hamid,

Madhu is right. But comination of execution and load will be more practical
.Run following query and see number of executions...

select substr(c.owner,1,5)"OWNER",substr(c.name,1,25)"name",
       round(c.sharable_mem / 1024) K,
       c.loads,
       c.executions,
       c.kept
from v$db_object_cache c,
     sys.obj$ o,
     sys.user$ u
where kept = 'NO'
and u.name = c.owner
  and u.user# = o.owner#
  and o.name = c.name
--  and o.type in (7, 8, 9)
order by 4,2 desc
/

Once you decide to pin run following through a sql file at the time of
startup script for database...(just an extract for your guidance)

EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_LOCK');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_STANDARD');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.DBMS_UTILITY');
EXECUTE SYS.DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP('SYS.STANDARD');
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('APPS.FND_DCP');
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('APPS.CSTPPWMX');
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('APPS.CSTPUTIL');
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('APPS.AP_APPROVAL_PKG');
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('SYS.PSTUBT');
exit;

HTH,
Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:26:53 -0800

Hamid,
what happens , if an object is getting executed once in a while but takes
huge sharable memory, we may not be getting full use of pinning it in the
shared pool, except wasting the memory, So we need to consider the number of
executions also. if the number of executions are high for any object/SQL,
its good idea to keep it in shared pool.

--Madhu