Try
select 'IT DOES' from dual where 0=1;

It doesn't.

                    Ruth

                    Gramolini            To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <rgramolini          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    @tax.state.vt        cc:

                    .us>                 Subject:     Re: Data Warehouse experts, a
simple
                    Sent by: root        question for you

                    05/22/2002

                    04:03 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

If you take of the where clause, you get the same result.  I don't think
this answers the question.

SQLWKS> select 'IT DOES' from dual
     2>
     3>