I second that emotion. Write your plan down and think
it through. Do some research about what problems you
will encounter. Decide how to backout in the event
that the data dictionary goes poof or all the datafile
headers become inconsistent. Script and test your
upgrade on another system if possible - there are
usually gotchas that don't show up until testing.

Remember, glory fades quickly but screw-ups are
remembered forever.

Author: Jack Silvey