Title: Message
Hi,

Could anybody help me with the database link problem?

I have two databases db_A and db_B, and link from db_A to db_B.

In the database db_B there is table B with 1.6 million records.

I created simple test to query data from the table B via database link (I am connected to db_A)
-------------------------------------
declare
   v_record B%rowtype;

   cursor cB
   is
   select *
   from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   where rownum < 20000;
begin
   for c in cB
   loop
     v_record :=c;
   end loop;
end;

I tried to check performance of data querying through the link, so I had two tests:
- via the link – 19.8 sec
- locally           1.5 sec

Difference is too large, as far as I can expect! I have been REALLY surprised.

At this time there was mostly no other activity on the network (databases are on the same subnet, at the same hierarchical level).

Could anybody explain is it normal results?

Thanks,

Michael Rosenblum,
Dulcian Inc.