From: Tim Gorman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 4:44 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Archiving in OPS

If I understand you correctly, you are referring to "RAW" EMC storage as the shared storage array accessible from all nodes in the cluster, while "local" is local storage that is only accessible from the node to which it is directly attached?

If so, then putting the tablespaces on that "local" storage will never work.  Likewise, if the rollback tablespaces were also not in "raw" devices;  it would never work (unless you are using a clustered file-system such as available on Tru64).  In both cases, OPS/RAC would fail to startup...