Title: RE: using a lot of temporary tablespace with large sort area size
Man significantly improved perf. by setting hash_area_size for session.  Okay so guys have read in metalink says hash_area_size is 2* sort_area_size by default - is this not true?  Most be the case that it isn't true.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 12:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: using a lot of temporary tablespace with large sort area size

Guys,

Note:
Oracle does not recommend using the HASH_AREA_SIZE parameter unless the instance is configured with the shared server option. Oracle recommends that you enable automatic sizing of SQL working areas by setting PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET instead. HASH_AREA_SIZE is retained for backward compatibility.  Any opinions on how well PGA_AGGRE... works versus using specific parameters?