-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Jamadagni; Rajendra; Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Raj,

    WARNING: Cron has been known to fail around here leaving one heck of a
mess
behind.  The primary culprit is when you have a power failure.  In our case
the
power failure lasted more than 8 hours.  When the computer restarted the
cron
job's time had passed & it would not start for another week by itself.  On
the
other hand a dbms_job that should have started at about the same time did.
We
use both, but you have to understand the weaknesses of both.

Dick Goulet
message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank