Ken,
get any error messages on the screen when you attempt to start the listener or are any error messages showing up in the listener log file??

-----Original Message-----
From: KENNETH JANUSZ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 9:58 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: DB Connecting Problem

I'm having a problem of logging on to my two DB's.    When I check
"services" I notice that the listener is not running.  I startup the
listener and it shuts down immediately.  The listener will not stay up.

When I try to log into the DB's I get these errors.

KEN database - Oracle generated name is DC0X4411
ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

PARTS database
ORA-12541: TNS: no listener

My DB is 9.0.1 on XP Prof.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks much,
Ken