From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, MABG, 088130) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:15 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: listener configuration on HP serviceguard clusters

If anybody out there is using HP ServiceGuard for
non-OPS/RAC, I would be interested to know how you
configure the listeners.  Do you use the machine IP address
or the package address in the listener.ora (or do you not
have a listener.ora and use dynamic registration)

One of the sys admins here instists that the following
scenerio will not work.

three nodes - two with one package each (containing Oracle)
and one standby node.

When the first package fails over to the standby node, it
starts a listener using no listener.ora file, allowing the
instances to dynamically register.  When the second package
fails over to the standby node, it does not start a
listener.

All client tnsnames.ora files use package names for HOST.

Do the instances in the second package register successfully
with the listener and can clients connect to them?

----
Matt Adams - GE Appliances - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enter any 11 digit prime number to continue.