That getenrated redo size for this statement was 828 bytes. If an
instance ecovery
is needed, redo log files will be read and your transaction will be
applied. If
your transaction was committed, it will not be rolled back. Redo log
files are
only read during recovery. There are some ramifications about that and
I believe
that Mr. Rama Velpuri has written a few lines about those.

On 2002.07.31 01:58 oraora  oraora wrote:
> Guys , my insert statement is below . explain shows 828 for redo
> size . does it mean the no of blocks ? what should be the ideal
> value for the same ? what does the value for redo size = 828
> indicate ?
>
> kindly explain me.
>
> insert into MSG_History
>
>(Tel,MemNo,FromMemNo,Sex,PDate,Content,S_Name,S_Age,S_Hight,S_Style,S_BloodType,S_LooksLike,Name,Age,Hight,Style,BloodType,LooksLike,REFERER,MSGID,DelFLG,RefCNT,EntPC,Opt1)
>
> values
>
>(:RTEL,:RMEMNO,:SID,:op_sex,SYSDATE,:MESSAGE,:NAME,:AGE,:HIGHT,:STYLE,:BLOODTYPE,:LOOKSLIKE,:RNAME,:RAGE,:RHIGHT,:RSTYLE,:RBLOODTYPE,:RLOOKSLIKE,'żżż',GetMSGID.NextVal,0,0,:EntPC,:POSTNO)
>
> Elapsed: 00:00:00.69
>
> Execution Plan
>     0      INSERT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=39185
> Card=6800153 B
>            ytes=1523234272)
>
>     1    0   SEQUENCE OF 'GETMSGID'
>
> Statistics
>            0  recursive calls
>            8  db block gets
>            1  consistent gets
>            1  physical reads
>          828  redo size
>          858  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
>         1520  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
>            3  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
>            2  sorts (memory)
>            0  sorts (disk)
>            1  rows processed